The Senior Program Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the Sustainment programs (business expansion, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction) in the Production and Sustainment Programs Area within the Protected Communication Systems (PCS) business (approx. $95M revenue/yr across 6-8 programs). The Sustainment Programs area currently includes the SMART-T, MMPU, CISSC, USC-28, MIDAS and DLA Spares Programs.
The PM will be responsible for developing processes, business models and organizational structures to drive operational execution efficiencies. The PM will also be responsible for developing business plans to expand product and service offerings to capture new business opportunities in programs of record and other related program acquisitions.
The PM must have the ability to be an organizational change agent. Initial tasking includes an understanding of current organizational capabilities, customer sustainment needs and acquisition models. The PM then needs to develop measurable, time phased plans to systematically improve and expand processes, capabilities and develop new business opportunities to meet 5 yr plan AOP objectives. Services include Field Support, Technical Assistance, and Training. Product Support includes HW and SW Maintenance, Depot and Spares Procurement, Repair, Upgrade, Refurbishment and Logistics.
The PM will need to determine what additional business partners are required to execute plans including RTN enterprise resources and outside supplier product and service partners. The positon also needs to leverage the matrix organization to determine customer sustainment funding sources and acquisition plans.
The PM will need to determine how to best align programs personnel to meet customer and business needs while also leading and managing those resources to meet individual career objectives. The Sustainment PM Leader must deliver on contractual and financial commitments, champion Raytheon’s standards of conduct, and promote a One Company perspective for the most effective solutions to meet customer needs and grow the business.
- 12+ years of professional related working experience, with demonstrated experience leading large, cross functional, matrix’d teams
- 8+ years of program management or related experience in Defense Electronics with direct P&L responsibility
- Experience blending strategy and execution that translates into long-term business growth
- Strong understanding of, and experience with DoD Acquisition policies and approach
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to customers and senior leadership; ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of management and customers
- Thorough understanding and implementation of program leadership best practices and processes to include capture management, engineering development, production operations and mission support activities
- Working knowledge of business and project management tools and processes such as IPDS, EVMS, IMS/IMP, Risk Management, Financial Forecasting and EACs
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain interim DoD Secret prior to start
- PM Tier III Certification or ability to obtain Tier III Certification within one year of being in role
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent, able to energize organizations to achieve beyond expectations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time criticality
- Ability to develop customer and program enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations; such as Contracts, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Mission Assurance and other support functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or Business
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or Business