Serve as an experienced software developer in support of Research and Development (R&D) for a government agency. Derive requirements, design, develop, and implement complex applications; this includes taking abstract starting ideas and interacting with the customer to design, develop and field working prototypes of these ideas. Develop web services leveraging Java, Apache, Linux. Design and implement web applications that can interface with multiple sources such as Oracle databases. Support planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- An active TS/SCI clearance is required
- 9+ yrs experience in web and software development
- Experience developing in JAVA, JavaEE and JAX-RS, C, C++, and python
- Proficiency in relational database design, including JBDC connecting to Oracle
- Experience in Linux development and administration
- Experience with Tomcat and Apache
- Ability to be self-motivated, work independently as well as provide guidance to less senior developers
- Domain knowledge of overhead imaging systems, highly desired -
- Knowledge of big data concepts with exposure to a NoSQL Database (e.g., Accumulo, MongoDB, HBase)
- Experience deploying systems within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Top Secret / SCI + CI Poly
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Matching 401K Plan
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Flex Time
- Comp Time
Barone Consulting is a scientific, engineering and technical operations support firm providing high-end technical consulting to mission critical government challenges. Barone provides services across a wide range of technical fields to the military, DoD, R&D, and intelligence communities. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and are committed to turning the science fiction of today into the reality of tomorrow. Barone Consulting provides solutions across a range of technical areas by identifying, analyzing, and developing novel technologies and methodologies for current and new program development.
Barone Consulting is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.