Serve as an Oracle database engineer / administrator providing core database administrative and COTS integration support. Position requires the ability to provide on-call, after-hours/weekend support, when necessary.
This position requires a current TS/SCI CI Poly.
- Minimum of 6 years of software / database development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an ORACLE database administrator and/or Oracle Database engineer.
- Experience with database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restore, table space allocation/management, managing the overall health and status of the database, managing the database schema, creating triggers and stored procedures, monitoring the Oracle alert logs and resolving database-related issues.
- Familiar with current database related vendor products and current research directions.
- Practiced in integration of COTS products in implementing successful customer-driven solutions.
- Experience with Oracle products such as Real Application Clusters, Data Guard, Application Server, Oracle Text, Label Security, Replication and Streams
- Working knowledge of J2EE architecture and an understanding of object-oriented modeling languages.
- Experience in system accreditation using proxy users, virtual private database technology and label security.
- Familiar with technologies related to high volume data handling and ingestion and high data rate extraction with integrity checking and indexing.
- Experience with other COTS database products such as Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc. is a plus
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Database Administration, CIS or related Technical major.
Top Secret / SCI + Poly