Raytheon BBN Technologies, located in Cambridge, MA, is seeking qualified candidates to conduct research and development in the area of distributed systems and cyber security. A successful applicant will design, develop, and build solutions to address the most difficult problems faced by the U.S. Government. We value curiosity and creative problem solving, and you will be expected to work with minimal supervision. You will be exposed to all aspects of software engineering, and applying new technologies to develop next-generation capabilities for distributed and mobile information systems. Our research group has broad, diverse research interests that also include artificial intelligence, embedded systems, software product lines, and synthetic biology.
As part of BBN’s distributed systems group, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects conducting rapid prototyping in small, collaborative teams. You will be working with a diverse group of people who are passionate about the work and enjoy working with each other. Flexible schedules provide excellent work/life balance and the opportunity to join after-work “Connections” for social activities and group sports. BBN is well respected in the research community and was recently awarded the President’s National Medal of Technology and Innovation. BBN’s pioneering work spans the development of the first Internet routers, the invention of email, and the TransTalk™ system, a portable, two-way translation device that facilitates communication across different languages. Further, BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers, excellent performance-based bonus incentives, and generous retirement contributions.
• BS (in CS or related field) with 6+ years, or MS (in CS) with 4+ years, or PhD (in CS) with 0-3 years
• Deep expertise in OS, or programming languages (compilers, reverse compilers), or systems engineering
• Strong software engineering skills
• Creative problem solving and experimental design
• PhD and 0 to 3 years experience.
• US Government security clearance may be required. A willingness to apply and US citizenship is desired.
Interest or experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
• Object-oriented language expertise, particularly Java
• Experience with networking across multiple network layers
• Knowledge of artificial intelligence concepts
• Cyber security knowledge at network, host, and application layers
• Experience with mobile devices, e.g., embedded systems, Android, dynamic content and rich media applications
• Motivated to explore alternatives or improvements on his/her own
• Strong technical writing and publication
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.