The Microelectronics Engineering & Technology (MET) Department develops, designs, and manufactures compound semiconductor devices, millimeter/microwave integrated circuits, and optical and surface acoustic wave components for defense and commercial applications.
As a member of the Process Integration section of Raytheon’s MET department, the individual will be responsible for all aspects of device fabrication for products in the Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) wafer fab.The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of microelectronics processing techniques such as deposition, etch, photolithography, and wafer-level packaging with expertise in one or more of these areas. Daily duties include engineering support and training for manufacturing personnel, review of process data trends, and failure analysis of yield drivers --all with a goal of reducing rework and scrap and increasing efficiency in the process line.A significant portion of the role involves identifying yield and process improvement opportunities, gathering sponsorship and team resources, and driving teams to continuous improvement.Presence on the manufacturing floor is essential for quick resolution of issues, and reaction time to prevent interruption to customer commitments critical.The role requires a large degree of multitasking with attention to detail while managing priorities depending on the nature of the problems and the commitments to customers or other program leads. The ability to work well in small, cross-functional teams is essential.
This position can be a salary grade E02 or E03 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- BS in materials science, chemical engineering, or physics with a focus on microelectronics
- 2+ years experience with microelectronics fabrication or test
- Documented experience in fab processing techniques including contact lithography, dry etch / milling, metal evaporation, bonding, laser trim, and dicing
- Proficient in statistical process control and lean manufacturing methods (ex. Six Sigma)
- Understanding of Surface Acoustic Wave device design and performance
- Experience with AS9100 quality standards and audits
- Established leadership in technical communities related to microelectronics manufacturing and / or device engineering
- Ability to troubleshoot a diverse set of fabrication equipment in addition to establishing equipment qualification and preventative maintenance procedures
- Ability to lead and coordinate technical projects with diverse and cross-functional teams
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Key Words: microelectronics fabrication or test ,Surface Acoustic Wave device design ,fab processing techniques , Six Sigma, lean manufacturing