The Networking and Communications Technologies business unit within Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a qualified Network Scientist to support projects that focus on novel ways of using networking and network science solve real-world problems. The responsibilities of the scientist will include a combination of applying advanced research and development techniques for solving challenging problems, leading technical teams, and working with customers to identify and pursue new technology development ideas.
Our Network and Communications Business Unit innovates and implements solutions across the wireless, and undersea environments. We create new algorithms and paradigms in such diverse and critical areas as mobile wireless networking and computing, software defined networking, energy conservation, novel high performance radar and modem designs, machine learning, content networking, mobility, network security, efficient RF channel access, and communications within extremely constrained or hostile environments. We look for candidates who are entrepreneurial problem solvers who have high personal standards of quality and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is a leading provider of advanced technology and research and development. For over 60 years, we have helped our customers solve complex technology problems by building practical and affordable solutions. Raytheon BBN attracts the most talented scientists and engineers who are willing to take risks and challenge conventions in pursuit of new and fundamentally better solutions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package to you, your spouse, and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs including flexible work schedules and performance-based bonus. Career growth is encouraged through support for on-site training, mentoring, tuition reimbursement, publications, and participation in leading research conferences.
· Experience performing research related to networking, communication or computing systems
· Experience in design, simulation, analysis, and implementation within relevant networking or communications domains.
· Ability to lead high performing technical teams and present to technical and non-technical audiences effectively.
· Programming experience in one or more relevant languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, MATLAB, or VHDL, is required.
• Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance may be required. A willingness to apply and US citizenship or Permanent Residency are required.
· Experience with software defined radios, networking protocols, network security, network scalability and mobility analysis, or RF systems is desirable.
· Experience in machine learning or with other artificial intelligence technologies including knowledge engineering, semantic technologies, distributed AI and multi-agent systems is a plus.
· Additional working knowledge of game theory, game theory applications and/or mechanism design is a plus.
· Experience in systems programming including OS, device drivers, compilers, is a plus.
· Experience with physical layer and/or communications theory is a plus.
· Experience with technical presentations and journal publications preferably as the primary author (if applicable) is favored.
· Hobbies that include hackathons, fast prototyping, startup weekends, Capture the flag security competitions, and ACM programming contest are appreciated.
• BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent. Minimum required experience is 6 years depending on education.
• BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent. Advanced degree and experience are desired.
Security Clearance Required