Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesEvaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, performs problem isolation and resolution, monitors, tunes, and sets standards. Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems. Performs these
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation’s security.
ManTech is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer for an emerging, cutting edge platform at our operations in Bremerton, WA.
Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, performs problem isolation and resolution, monitors, tunes, and sets standards. Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems. Performs these functions across a wide range of network facilities including physical media, protocol stacks, hubs, routers, bridges, gateways, digital servers, line drivers, telecommunications transport facilities, mainframe VTAM, NCP and related software and hardware, and network management components. Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities. Plans and coordinates computer network initiatives. Researches, evaluates, and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies. Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity. Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages. Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients.
This is a CISCO heavy environment with McAfee and Nexus products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must be capable of performing network engineering functions including: design, implementation, and optimization.
• Must have experience in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
• Must have extensive knowledge in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
• Solve engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
• Position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solver to devise solutions using test systems/tools, company or customer furnished computer systems and equipment or commercial off-the-shelf packages.
• Continue to improve technical expertise through the identification of new processes and technical alternatives to resolve problems and/or general improvements.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
• CCNA, CISSP certifications.
• Experience with SolarWinds Orion and Cisco DCNM are preferred.
• 3+ years experience as a Network Engineer.
• 3+ years of experience with implementing or monitoring security and compliance with DoD system settings, STIG's, and processes.
• 1+ year experience with firewall configuration and inter-vlan routing.
• Experience with vulnerability assessments, IAVA reporting and IA problem resolution.
• Active DoD SECRET security clearance or ability to obtain.
• HS diploma or GED required.
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570 (Cyber Security Workforce) compliance within 6 months of hire date.
• WIDS (Wired)
• Secret security clearance
QualificationsRequires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.
Years of Experience13-15 years w/High School Diploma