Sign Up Sign Up Log In Sign Up

Mgr Engineering 2

At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.


As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.


If this is YOUkeep reading!

Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector is seeking a Systems Engineering (SE) Section Manager (Manager 2) for the Requirements & Mission Analysis Department within the SE Directorate inMelbourne, Florida. This position is for the Section Manager functional homeroom support only (approximately 15% scope). The successful candidate must currently have and continue to provide their own remaining 85% work scope.

The SE Section Manager will lead a team of Mission Analysis & Requirements professionals assigned primarily to the E-2 /C-2 IPT. Among other responsibilities, the successful candidate will:

  • Set operating objectives and provide guidance and mentoring to assigned employees
  • Provide assistance to programs on staffing and SE process
  • Develop and maintain assigned talent within the section
  • Manage the performance management process for assigned employees
  • Review and make recommendations for promotions and special assignments
  • Ensure the assigned workforce is properly trained for successful achievement of program goals
  • Provide first-level resolution of personnel issues according to company processes and procedures
  • Interact with equivalent level managers and programs to maintain performance

To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo

Asmgmt; SITEAS; Meleng; Sfwas, syseng

Basic Qualifications:
  • Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 5 years' experience
  • Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher and the ability to maintain it throughout employment.
  • Currently employed by Northrop Grumman in Melbourne, Florida with existing work scope that will continue to make up approximately 85% of the pay period
Preferred Qualifications:
  • Experience working in or managing Northrop Grumman Mission Analysis activities
  • At least 5 years of strong and relevant Systems Engineering experience with a particularly strong background in Requirements Management activities
  • At least 5 years of direct management experience or equivalent leadership experience
  • Skilled in building and leading effective and collaborative teams
  • Effective communication and presentation skills
  • Experience in all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle

Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.


Company Name:
Security Clearance:
Secret
Location:
Melbourne, Florida
Country:
Salary:
Not Specified
Job Number:




Send me email alerts for similar jobs

JOIN US