Amazon Web Services is seeking a Mechanical Engineer
to become a part of our growing operations team, responsible for the design, development and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center infrastructure. As part of the team you will be involved with working with the groups that comprise our Data Center Design Engineering team, but also a diverse and talented organization that includes, construction, controls, networking, planning and the list goes on. Initially, you will be supporting ongoing development efforts in a variety of fields and work closely with other mechanical, electrical and software engineers. However, as you progress in the position and learn more about our organization and infrastructure we would expect you take more of a leadership role to develop and qualify design proposals. Additionally, as part of this group you will be expected to participate in root cause analysis efforts to resolve issues as they arise, be a subject matter expert in mechanical engineer
ing disciplines and have a broad working knowledge in many other fields including hardware development, electrical engineer
ing, and amongst others.Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer
• Be natural self-starters who can manage project direction and milestones with minimal direction.
• Have the ability to communicate and collaborate both verbally and visually with you own teams and a variety of highly interactive and experienced teams that form the Amazon Web Services infrastructure development organization.
• Have prior experience in design, analysis and test of electro-mechanical systems, and be familiar with the methods, processes and standards that enable and regulate these activities, especially in the field of IT infrastructure
• Be curious and have the ability to question the status quo and learn about the technologies that are used to enable one of the fasted growing cloud compute infrastructures in the world.
• Be creative and show evidence and examples of innovation from past positions and experiences.
• Have fun, Amazon is a diverse and exciting and fast paced workplace and we are looking for more Amazonians.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineer
ing or related field
Experience with solid modelling CAD products relating to electro-mechanical assemblies
• Experience working within manufacturing environment both prototype and volume production
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills relating to electro-mechanical assemblies
• Experience with component and assembly level validation testing (Thermal, EMC/EMI, Shock and Vibration, Acoustics)
• Basic under critical data center mechanical equipment
• Basic understanding of electrical theory, components and designs
• Basic understanding server hardware development
This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineer
ing or related field
• Experience with numerical analysis tools such as Ansys (Fluent), Mentor Graphics (Flotherm/FloEFD)
• Experience with SolidWorks or CREO
• Experience in industrial controls development using LabView
• Experience with critical data center mechanical equipment
• Experience with enterprise level hardware developmentAmazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.