Sign Up Sign Up Log In Sign Up
This job has expired and you can't apply for it anymore. Start a new search.

Hardware/Systems I&T Section Manager (G10)

The Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) Engineering organization has a need for a Hardware/Systems I&T Section Manager responsible for first line management of a group of 8-12 engineers/technical staff covering multiple engineering disciplines and technical domains (e.g. electrical engineering, electromechanical engineering, RF communications, optical communications, digital communications and signal processing) and spanning various levels of experience and expertise. The specific responsibilities and duties include:
  1. plan and track staff assignments
  2. support staff with career development planning
  3. assist with strengthening core engineering skills and discipline, and developing domain knowledge and expertise across the RAST Engineering organization
  4. train staff on company engineering development processes and assist in ensuring staff’s application of these processes in execution of engineering efforts
  5. prepare staff performance reviews
  6. assist in planning for and addressing staffing needs in support of all RAST business areas
  7. support recruiting and hiring activities, and
  8. ensure staff’s compliance with company policies/procedures.
The Section Manager will manage technical staff who are involved with development of deliverable systems/products over the entire engineering development lifecycle. The Section Manager will lead staff and/or contribute directly on diverse engineering development efforts:
  • in one or more of these areas: telecommunications, networking/data communications, RF/wireless communications, digital communications and signal processing, SIGINT, and COMINT;
  • executing one or more of these types of activities: hardware based development, HW/SW/systems integration and test, calibration and flight testing in the field.
Although the section staff will typically work on independent projects, the Section Manager will foster collaboration and cross-fertilization of ideas and new technologies within the group and across the RAST Engineering organization.

The Section Manager will also manage the RAST engineering labs in multiple locations. Responsibilities and duties include: establishing/improving processes and procedures for lab management operations; managing budget and staff resources to provide engineering lab support/services; addressing program requests for lab space; managing and optimizing usage of test equipment/assets; supporting RAST’s management of capital assets; supporting RAST’s management of government property assets and compliance with company Environmental Health Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) standards.

The Hardware/Systems I&T Section Manager’s duties will occupy an average of ~25% time. The other ~75% time will be spent on a combination of contractual, IR&D, marketing, and business development activities typical for a senior technical staff member.

Required Skills:
  • 8+ years in electrical/electromechanical engineering development experience in at least one of these areas: telecommunications, networking/data communications, RF/wireless communications, digital communications, digital signal processing, SIGINT and/or COMINT
  • 4+ years’ experience in leading and managing teams of engineering/technical staff (e.g. team/task lead, line manager)
  • Working knowledge of all phases of the system/product development lifecycle
  • Strong engineering development discipline and process advocacy in the areas of systems and hardware engineering development
  • Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
  • Working knowledge with MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
  • Active Secret clearance within the last 2 years
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.

Desired Skills:
  • Ability and willingness to obtain TS/SCI clearance
  • Extensive practical experience in all phases of the system/product development lifecycle as an individual contributor and team lead
  • Experience in creation and/or improvement of engineering development processes
  • Strong track record for working effectively and collaboratively in a diverse team environment
  • Excellent organizational, planning, and coordination skills
  • Coaching, teaching and/or mentoring skills
  • Extensive practical development experience in one or more of these areas: telecommunications, networking/data communications, RF/wireless communications, digital communications, digital signal processing, SIGINT and/or COMINT
Required Education:
  • B.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
120728BR 120728
Advertisement




Send me email alerts for similar jobs

JOIN US