The Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (SRG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Hardware Systems Specialist to work in our Dayton, OH office; this position is full time on Wright Patterson AFB. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter Readiness and Training mission. In this mission we provide the Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Periodic and emergency maintenance of all testbed, cockpit and simulator hardware
- Daily system start-up and operations for testbed, cockpit and simulator hardware
- Start to finish design and construction of cockpits, including wiring diagrams, redesign of the system hardware, replication of aircraft gauges and switches, and system interface
- Develop technical drawings for cockpit hardware, coordinating with vendors for the acquisition of the parts, and quality control of the devices once they are delivered
- Disassembly, relocation and reassembly of simulator testbedsQualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- BS Degree with at least 2 years of experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must possess and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Experience designing, developing and troubleshooting hardware aircraft and simulator systems
- Straightforward verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented and driven by mission
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problem solving
- Practical application of engineering, science, and technology to enhance techniques, procedures, equipment design, and production of various goods and services
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.