The Hardware/Software Installation Technician operates with a Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) Candidate must have experience working in an Enterprise level Data Center performing tasks like:
- Racking, stacking, cable management, asset inventory.
- Past experience doing asset inventory, asset tagging, data center audit.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 5 Years experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a professional engineering specialty listed in paragraph three that has equipped the individual with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and at least five years experience in a directly related field.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Bachelor’s degree in a technically related field.
- Two years of experience can be substituted by completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a technically related field.
- Must be able to adjust (upgrade / downgrade) Firmware & Bios.
- Must be able to Install / replace any hardware components in systems.
- Must be able to maintain a shared RMA log / document.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds. For racking and de-racking servers and heavy switches, we will always send 2 Technicians to site for safety reasons.
- Installing new arrival fully built racks into data centers. Racked equipment can include Dell/HP/Seagate/Intel/Quanta/X86 type systems.
- Support LANs, WANs and network segments.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Ability to terminate and install/remove cabling (Category 5/6 and Fiber***)
- Ability to physically un-package and move equipment
- Ability to install/remove equipment into racks
- Ability to operate power tools in order to be able to cut floor tiles and install equipment
- Ability to operate standard hand tools
- Shift and Weekend work upon request
- Travel Required up to 30%
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Knowledge in operation of DISA Specific Systems and Processes (Knowledge of these systems/processes is an added value. It is understood that they are DISA specific and most potential candidates will not have knowledge of them. Candidates will be provided training on these systems.)
- Vulnerability Management System
- Perform tasks to apply Security Technical Information Guides (STIG) to devices in primary area of technical support.
Please visit our website for more info regarding Foxhole Technology open positions and our benefits – we offer excellent benefits and professional development opportunities:
We sincerely appreciate your consideration of Foxhole Technology