Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
· Experience what it means to win as a professional.
· Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
· Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
· Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
· Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer.
The Hardware Engineer troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand‐alone and client-server environment, including MS server, UNIX/LINUX and other authorized information technology systems. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability. Install and configure hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
• Provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products.
• Provides hardware infrastructure assistance activities within the Customer Service Center, performs Field Services support.
• Maintains knowledge of service desk operations and procedures and performs services desk specialist activities as required.
• Involved in sparing, provisioning, diagnoses, repair, adjust, install (assemble, setup, configuration, test) upgrade and de-install.
• Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
• Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer’s business context and their unique situation
• Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution
• Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized features and procedures.
• Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
• Work with outside contractors, vendors, and support desks as needed for hardware and software support.
• Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with customers.
• Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
• Determine action to be taken and interact with appropriate support section (i.e. - network services, engineering, applications development, etc.) to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
• Provide feedback, updates and status to users on their requests for assistance
• Provide configuration and use support for all customer-approved operating systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Linux, UNIX, etc.
• Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating IT documents for use by service desk personnel and end-user guides.
• Use Remedy ticketing system or other software tools to track work as required.
• Complete electronic documentation of all work completed for change requests and incidents. Documentation shall be completed prior to closing out change request tasks and incidents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with 5 - 8 years relevant industry experience
• Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities.
• Knowledgeable of computer hardware/software and peripherals to include installation of hardware components and software.
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Possess Security+ certification or equivalent
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification
** The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively, ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills
• Ability to work in a complex ever changing environment with short turn around tasking internally and with the client
• Experience in data, voice and video networks
• Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
• Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
• Possess industry certifications (A+, Network+, MCSE, Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.)