Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking highly qualified, mission-oriented individuals to support a program located in North Yorkshire, England. The Program’s hardware team is seeking a Hardware Engineer/Ground System Engineer (GSE) to support a multi-system, multi-platform equipment control and status environment. The successful candidate must have RF and digital communication equipment experience and be able to work in a structured configuration control environment. The candidate must also have experience with RF and digital test equipment to include, but not be limited to, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and bit error detectors.
The principle duties include but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a team to maintain communication systems by performing routine maintenance on RF and digital equipment
- Ability to lead the troubleshooting of anomalies, prepare status reports, briefings and recommendations for maintenance improvements
- Perform system, sub-system, and Line Replaceable Unit troubleshooting and repair
- Able to work in a structured environment of change management to include meeting customer/site required standards, procedures, ICD’s , compliance and configuration control standards
- Support the integration, installation, test and documentation of new and/or modified capabilities into the system
- Provide training to operations and maintenance personnel for new installations, special test events and anomaly recoveries
- Up to 10% travel to international and US sites is required
- Ability to provide on-call 24/7 emergency anomaly response to diagnose data and support restoration/repair efforts
- Strong technical communications skills including technical documentation
- Strong verbal communication skills and proven ability to work as a member of a diverse team
Candidate must also be able to satisfy the following physical demands:
- Ability to work on elevated structures at heights of approximately 100 feet
- Able to climb stairs (approximately 300 stairs/day)
- Ability to work in narrow and confined spaces
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 45lbs (20 kgs)
A two year overseas tour commitment is required.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation.
Bachelor’s degree in a S.T.E.M field and 5 years related experience:
- Experience with test equipment to include vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and BIT error detectors
- Basic understanding of RF communication system principles and digital modulation/demodulation principles
- Current SSBI and ability to possess/retain SCI clearance with current SSBI counter intelligence polygraph is required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.