Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesMust be capable of performing analysis of system operations. Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components. Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards. A minimum of two (2) years experience in performing similar or related work in the functional area to which assigned is required. Military experience is desirable.
The Sustainment Automation Support Management Office (SASMO) Field Support Technician is responsible for providing dedicated automation support to the various logistics automation systems and fully supports the US Army Logistics Information System (LIS).
• Provide functional and technical support for, but not necessarily inclusive of, the following LIS: SAMS-1E, SASM-2E, SAMS-IE, PBUSE, CSS-VSAT, and CAISI 2.0. Need to have an understanding of the interface between the aforementioned systems and SARSS-1 interface.
• Distribute new Army LIS/equipment to SASMO customers; distribute new Software Packages, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Incremental Change Packages (ICP) to SASMO customers and maintain Historical Library of System Software and Change Packages.
• Maintain and Issue Logistic Information System (LIS) “Floats”, monitor Contract and Maintenance Support (Warranty/Maintenance Repair), provide User Level LIS Sustainment Training, restore equipment to operation by replacement of line replaceable unit, troubleshoot automation equipment and systems to the degree required for isolation of malfunctions to specific hardware or software.
• A SECRET security clearance is required.
• Must be able to travel (30-40%) in military low flying aircraft
• Minimum IAT Level I certification.
• 5 years of related experience serving in a CSSAMO or SASMO section.
• Extensive knowledge of SAMS-IE (functional, technical, & networking), SAMS-1E, SAMS-2E, CAISI 2.0, VSAT, and Networking.
• Military experience in MOS 92A or 25B.
• Experience as Computer Systems Repair Technician,
• Knowledge of SASMO’s software and hardware on a functional, technical, and managerial level.
• Knowledge of TCAIMS-II and RFID
QualificationsHigh School Diploma and 5 years experience.
DegreesHigh School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience04-05 years w/High School Diploma
Washington, District of Columbia