Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesMust be capable of constructing breadboard interface circuitry (digital, analog, and hybrid circuits), special cabling, etc. in support of system test bed/development facilities and for special system/software test fixtures. Must possess sufficient technical electronics knowledge and experience to perform above construction from preliminary sketches/design information furnished by project engineer. Digital/hybrid/analog electronics technician is required. Military experience is highly desirable.
Field Service Technicians will ensure the Tactical Internet Management System (TIMS) which includes J-TNT (joint Tactical Network Environment NETOPS Toolkit, AN/GYK-74) and network Planning Terminal (NPT) remains functional, available, and supports unit mission readiness.
• Performance of Field Service Technician duties should require a minimal level of supervision, demonstrating initiative, reliability and independent judgment.
• Provides field engineering support for the software updates; integration, modification, evolution, testing, knowledge management, quality assurance, and configuration management, encompassing field support for workstations, databases, networks, communications, and web-based applications.
• Provide technical support for a variety of Army Networks and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems operating in both CONUS and OCONUS locations.
• Assists the unit with network planning/configuration as well as adapting to changes in order to accommodate network architecture revisions as required.
• Maintain awareness of changes in software, equipment, and network architectures in order to ensure accurate information is communicated to the customer while developing new professional skills in order to support said changes.
• Employ basic hardware and software troubleshooting skills in the course of supporting the war fighter. Loads database products and software patches required to update master hard drives. When required, provides assistance in the development of training products, technical manuals & bulletins, and internal technical reference documents.
• Provide software and network environment instruction for a variety of areas, including network, server, services, and application management and monitoring within the scope of OSI Layers 1-7.
• Record faults and deficiencies in a timely manner using established reporting/record-keeping tools.
• Submit trouble tickets for all customer support tasks performed.
• Maintain personal record of daily activity and reports said activity in the form of weekly activity reports entered into the Army’s Significant Activity Tracking System (SIGTRAKS)
• Capable of performing analyses of system operations;
• Knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components;
• Experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components;
• Routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards.
• Clearly and accurately communicate (both verbally and in writing);
• Proficient in use of the Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer) used for administrative reporting;
• Comfortable interacting with peers and superiors. An ability to maintain a professional relationship with co-workers and the customer at all times is required;
• Experience with Tactical Radios (Legacy and IP based), SKL’s, ACES, COMSEC and Basic Networking necessary for the selected candidate to be successful;
• CompTIA Security Plus certification;
• Must have training instructor experience;
• Travel in CONUS and OCONUS required, must be fully deployableMust have a valid Driver's License and US Passport;
• Travel to support units and FSRs in CONUS/OCONUS locations for tests, fielding and/or exercises as required;
• Support Theater upgrades;
• Must possess an active SECRET security clearance;
• Must satisfy the Standards of Fitness (SoF) for deployability to the most-demanding region of the world for which SEC FSD provides field support personnel. These standards of fitness include general physical, mental, and dental health standards, medication requirements, and body mass index (BMI) calculations, but do not include maintenance of current vaccinations for every region. Vaccinations for the appropriate region may be caught up as part of pre-deployment processing. No new personnel may be added to the task order without prior satisfaction of the SoF requirement.
• Comp-Tia Network +, A+, and CCNA certifications a plus, JTRS Enterprise Network Manager (JENM) experience a plus;
QualificationsHigh School Diploma and 3 years experience.
DegreesHigh School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience02-03 years w/High School Diploma
Fort Hood, Texas