Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesMust be capable of constructing breadboard interface circuitry (digital, analog, and hybrid circuits), special cabling, etc. in support of system test bed/development facilities and for special system/software test fixtures. Must possess sufficient technical electronics knowledge and experience to perform above construction from preliminary sketches/design information furnished by project engineer. Digital/hybrid/analog electronics technician is required. Military experience is highly desirable.
The Enhance Position Location and Reporting (EPLRS) Field Service Technician Journeyman candidate will support the Warfighter worldwide for garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies. The Field Support Technician shall support pre-deployment exercises with field software engineering, over the shoulder technical assistance, user training, providing on-site diagnostic and corrective actions, and capturing and reporting requirements.
• Performs analysis of system operations.
• Knowledge of and experience in the utilization of operating systems and database management systems.
• Must have experience in systems analysis, fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
• Ability to perform system configuration and modifications.
• Submit Engineering Change Proposal (ECPs) as needed for system enhancements, upgrades, and fixes.
• Possesses substantial background in communications and communications connectivity.
• Experience with systems and systems operations within the specific functional area to which assigned.
• Responsible for performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
• Conducts on-site installation and testing of equipment based upon user and system design specifications.
• May make technical presentations and has a strong knowledge of products.
• Trains customer personnel in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities.
• Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
• Employee may deploy and must be able to meet minimum standards of fitness and able to complete pre-deployment training and processing as of hire date.
Be a pro-active, energetic, assertive individual that can work well as part of a team.
• Individual must also be a self-starter with the ability to function autonomously, in sometimes austere locations, with little or no direct supervision.
• Must a US Citizen, possess a SECRET security clearance, be worldwide deployable, have a valid US Drivers License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
• Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate (both verbally and in writing) complex thoughts and ideas.
• Must be proficient in use of the Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) used for administrative reporting, training product generation and daily correspondence.
• Must be comfortable interacting with and mentoring to all military ranks from the newest soldier to the experienced leader and have the ability to instruct one-on-one or in large/small group classroom environment.
• Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of the FBCB2 and BFT systems as well as other ABCS Systems to include: EPLRS, SINCGARS, ASIP, JCR, etc.
• Must have experience in system troubleshooting, fault analysis of the applicable systems
• Analytical/logical thinking and preferred knowledge and skills in the following areas: disc imaging software, Microsoft Office, Windows firewall, virtual machines, technical writing.
• EPLRS system and associated radio equipment.
QualificationsHigh School Diploma and 3 years experience.
DegreesHigh School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience02-03 years w/High School Diploma
Washington, District of Columbia