Raytheon IIS is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer II. The Electrical Engineer II will support the design, integration, and delivery of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Ground Control Systems and system upgrades.The Electrical Engineer II will apply fundamental engineering skills in areas of requirements analysis, communications and network design, computer and network hardware specification, unit level test including application of proper ESD and safety guidelines, system test and operational deployment.The Electrical Engineer II will work under the general supervision of the HW lead in the execution of tasking. Execution tasking will span requirements definition through operational delivery at customer facilities.Position may require occasional short term travel to CONUS and OCONUS operational locations in support of System installations and upgrades.US Citizenship is required as this position will need a US Security Clearance at a later date.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science or related field
· Minimum of 2+ years’ relevant experience
· Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance US Citizenship required
· Expertise in design, selection and integration of commercial hardware components
· Solid understanding of hardware testing methodologies
· Hands on ability to perform test and debug procedures on commercial hardware components in an engineering lab environment
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications including MS Visio
· Experience working on cross functional engineering teams and following established processes
· Ability to understand budgets and complete tasking within assigned cost and schedule
· Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
· Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
· Must exhibit good time management skills, decision making capability; focus on customer service.
· Understanding of military ground control system architecture
· Expertise in network design and operation
· Knowledge of the VoIP networks and the CISCO IOS
· Knowledge of Linux OS
· Understanding of industry standard system architecture and network tools
· Experience in the design and deployment of complex networks, VLAN's, VPN's
· Experience with process development and deployment
· Network related certifications including Security+, CCNA
· Knowledge of RF communications
· Experience supporting system installations at customer facilities
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science or related field and 2 years of related work experience