Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Electrical Engineer 3 or 4 to support the Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS) Program, a revolutionary air and missile defense command-and-control (C2) system developed to deliver a single, unambiguous three dimensional view of the battle space. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for leading the technical aspects to include: component and system research, development, and physical lay-outs of the IBCS Engagement Operations Center (EOC), the next generation EOC, and the Integrated Fire Control Network (IFCN) Relay systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Primary roles will be system architecture development, creation/modification of electrical designs, analysis of designs and concepts, generation of technical reports/briefings and prototype/production integration support. Tasks may also include safety engineering analyses and assessments.
Position may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
Position may be filled as a level 3 or 4.
Basic qualifications for a level 3 are:
Bachelor's STEM degree (Electrical Engineering or comparable discipline) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Basic qualifications for a level 4 are:
Bachelor's STEM degree (Electrical Engineering or comparable discipline) with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
Basic qualifications for a level 3 and 4:
- Experience leading an engineering group or team
- Experience reviewing designs, drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles; analog and digital design; and electro-mechanical technologies
- Ability to read and create electrical schematics and comply with formal documentation requirements
- Ability to conduct trade studies or engineering analyses and present results in written format
- Ability to design, fabricate and assemble electrical hardware and systems
- Must be a self starter, able to operate with little direction
- Must have proven effective customer relationship skills
- AutoCAD and Visio experience preferred
- Zuken experience
- SAP and JIRA experience
- Skill in troubleshooting electronics and electrical systems related to AC/DC power, serial communication, computer networking, RF and fiber-optic systems
- Electrical power systems design and analysis
- Solving Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) issues
- Analyzing and resolving design and production issues
- Generation of technical specifications
- Previous military experience, experience within the DoD as a civilian, or experience with a defense contractor
- Specialty engineering experience in System Safety, RAM, or MANPRINT
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.