The Cyber Security Assessment Support (CSAS) Computer Security Systems Engineer III position provides in-depth understanding of specific cyber systems and issues. As part of a cross-functional team of cybersecurity professionals, the Computer Security Systems Engineer position understands the challenges associated with providing cybersecurity assessment support, especially when the assessments are conducted during the acquisition life cycle for Command and Control, Agile Combat, and business and enterprise systems or sustainment of legacy systems.
Cyber Security Assessment Support Computer Security Systems Engineer III:
- Provides in-depth understanding of specific cyber systems and issues within the Command and Control, Agile Combat, and business and enterprise systems portfolios.
- Reviews and recommends Scientific Technical Information (STI) for approval.
- Provide assessment and authorization recommendation (A&A) support to programs of record during the acquisition lifecycle as well as sustainment of legacy systems and software within the assigned mission area including Rapid Cyber Acquisition (RCA), platform Information Technology (IT) systems/components, and Research and Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E).
- Provide expert knowledge in the area of cybersecurity independent verification and validation.
- Perform IA testing of security requirements and controls that both verify and validate that the countermeasure and mitigation are suitable security controls for the system/software.
- Perform site audits to validate the implementation of system security controls including user and developer procedures, physical countermeasures, and risk mitigation actions. Document cyber security site audit findings and recommendations.
- Provide software assurance and assessment support to programs of record during all phases of the acquisition lifecycle.
- B.S. required.
- 12+ years’ experience with cyber vulnerability assessments techniques and procedures.
- CISSP required.
- Excellent problem-solving skill.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using the Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Knowledge of MS Outlook.
- TS/SCI required.
- M.S. or Ph. D. preferred.
- Familiarity with the Air Force Life Cycle Management’s cybersecurity assessment support program is a plus.
Top Secret / SCI
Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts