Performs fabrication, mechanical and electrical assembly, inspection/continuity/isolation, and repair/rework operations on a variety of harness/cabling, electronic components, circuit cards, assemblies, gyros, accelerometers, magnetic and ferrite devices.
- Replenishes chemicals, solvents, compounds, process fluids as required including dispensing into secondary containers and chemical cleaning.
- Operates and checks malfunctioning machinery/equipment and makes routine in-process adjustments, minor repairs, and replacement of worn parts
- Works to specifications, instruction sheets, prints, and written/verbal, video, and computer instructions to fabricate/assemble/inspect product manually, semi-automatically or automatically.
- Performs routine operations on production assemblies, harness and cables, substrates, fixtures, templates and holding devices.
- Prepares molds, loads and unloads units, mixes compounds and performs necessary products samples verification, and reworks/repairs product as required.
- Prepares and applies potting, bonding and coating compounds, lubricants, spray coats or insulated tape to a variety of component and assemblies inclusive of all finishing processes.
- Sets up and winds coil, assembles, and processes various types of magnetic electrical components.
- Assembles checks, test and adjusts inertial/gyros/accelerometers/optical instruments.
- Maintains cleanliness/production supplies for work area station including equipment. Provides routine equipment and workstation maintenance including necessary logs.
- Advances or retrieves product, material and tools for self and others.
- Operates multiple pieces of equipment simultaneously.
- Uses prescribed equipment to perform stenciling marking coding and potting operations as required.
- Performs routine visual, automatic and dimensional inspections and continuity measurements on a variety of products.
- Performs necessary operations to fabricate fixtures/holding devices as required for harness/cable processes.
- Performs drilling, grinding, sandblasting, staking, riveting, eye-letting, countersinking and counterboring operations, and other related mechanical processes.
- Incorporates engineering change orders and maintains process documentation.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment.
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
- Performs other similar duties as required or directed.
Basic Qualifications: High School Diploma, ability to obtain a Security Clearance
Desired Skills: Ability to solder, follow process sheets, experience with computers.
Required Education (including Major): High School Diploma