Linguist Support NCIS-EU
- The Linguist shall provide foreign language interpretation and translation/transcription services in the Specified Contract Required Language(s) (SCRL) to support requirements.
- The Linguist shall provide written translations of aural, videotape, and/or other sources from one language into another language, with the meaning and intent of the original source preserved.
- Services shall include transcription of aural sources by technically qualified and experienced translators at the level of competency required.
- Unless otherwise proscribed, transcribers shall (1) listen or view the material and comprehend the SCRL language, (2) write comprehensibly in one of the source languages, and (3) choose the equivalent expression in the SCRL language that both fully conveys and best matches the meaning intended in the source language.
- The Linguist shall provide written translations of source texts in one language into another language, as identified above, with the meaning and intent of the original text (Translation).
- Services shall include translation of documentation by technically qualified and experienced translators at the level of competency required.
- Unless otherwise proscribed, translators shall (1) read and comprehend the SCRL language, (2) write comprehensibly in one of the source languages, and (3) choose the equivalent expression in the SCRL language that both fully conveys and best matches the meaning intended in the source language (referred to as congruity judgment).
- The Linguist shall have a command of English and at least one of the SCRL languages.
- Unless otherwise prescribed, the interpreter must be able to (1) comprehend both the SCRL and source languages as spoken and written, (2) speak both of these languages, (3) choose an expression in the SCRL language that fully conveys and best matches the meaning of the source language, (4) have familiarity with the cultural context of both languages, (5) have knowledge of terminology in specialized fields, (6) observe protocols applicable to different settings, and (7) master the modes applicable to these settings.
- Linguist will be tested and verified as meeting the ILR rating associated to the linguist’s category.
- CAT II: CAT II linguists shall have proficiency in the SCRL of an ILR level 3/3 and a working proficiency in English (ILR level 2+). CAT II linguists shall be citizens of the US. CAT II linguists, as necessary, will be granted interim access to SECRET by the Defense Security Service or other designated government Personnel Security authority for the specific purpose of providing support under this contract.
- The linguist must be able to conduct consecutive and accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation services of on-going conversations and intelligence collection activities into, from and between the SCRL(s) and English.
- The linguist must be able to provide accurate idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the SCRL(s) or vice versa, as well as the linguist ability to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases.
- The linguist must be able to accurately provide the cultural and ethnic context of translations and interpretations and provide advice to the COR on the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
- The linguist must be able to accurately perform document exploitation (scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for intelligence information).
- The linguist must be able to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields such as medicine, scientific, engineering, legal, etc. Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria.
- Arabic-Mahgrebi (AM), Kurdish (KU) (Oral interpretation skills only), Urdu/Punjabi (UR/PJ)
Other Job Listings for SZANCA SOLUTIONS INC.
- Linguist Support - Balochi (USMC) - CA
- Linguist Support - Pashtu/Dari-USMC
- Linguist Support - CITF (Arabic/Pashtu/Dari)
- Show all SZANCA SOLUTIONS INC. Jobs