Intelligence Report Writer
Serves as an intelligence report writer at the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC), an Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), in support of the Center’s 24/7 operations. Prepares intelligence information reports (IIRs) in accordance with Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) policies and regulations.
· Preparing IIRs in accordance with the DIAM 58-12 and related guidelines.
· Collating information in English, analyzing and synthesizing that information, and transforming the latter into coherent , grammatically correct, understandable, and timely IIRs that will be read by a wide variety of disparate customers.
· Working with NMEC linguists and analysts to use Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIRs) to sort through large volumes of data, identify the most important data responding to PIRs, and turn that raw data into complete, correct, and timely IIRs containing all appropriate data fields and addresses.
· Reviewing previous collection of NMEC data for reportable information and prepare IIRs, as appropriate.
· Issuing spot reports and other time-sensitive reports on particularly sensitive and immediate information discovered by NMEC linguists or analysts on an “as needed” basis.
· Providing general production and operational support, as required, by the NMEC.
· Performing other duties as required.
· Normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
· Active or very recent (within past 24 months) TS/SCI security clearance.
· At least five years experience in DoD, Intelligence Community (IC), or Law Enforcement Agency.
· Proven ability to write, edit, and consolidate complex papers.
· Familiarity with DoD policies and directives.
· Ability for fact finding, analysis, and report generation.
· Skill in effectively communicating and maintaining effective relationships with peers and senior officials.
· Proven experience and capability using MS Office Suite.
· Ability to work mid and/or swing shift.
· Experience writing IIRs
· High School Degree.
· Bachelor's Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE/M/F/V/D