Executive Operations Manager (DoD Top Secret Clearance)(Fort Bragg, NC)
Essential Job Functions
- As the overall manager for the Contractor effort and serves as the Contractor authorized point of contact with the Government Contract Officer Representative.
- Responsible for successful management of all contract activities and shall interface with SOMTC Director, SOMTC Deputy Directors, and other Government management personnel as required.
- Establishes Contractor procedures to accomplish SOMTC mission and goals.
- Analyzes Contractor performance indicators. Identifies areas to improve Contractor performance. Provide COR with SOMTC facility usage reports.
- Oversees development of work statements, scope/priority definitions and the creation of budgets and schedules for large complex programs. Develops documents with appropriate standards and client requirements and needs.
- Oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management.
- Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance impacting the productivity of several large, complex, global programs. Oversees and implements changes and adjusts as appropriate.
- Interfaces with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
- Participates in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications.
- Manages expectations of client project/senior management, company management and project team for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project metrics. Leverages corporate synergies to improve customer information technology performance.
- Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
- Oversees assigned personnel for programs. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input at regular intervals.
- Prepares and recommends program operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives for several large, complex, global projects.
Contracts Special Skills/Qualifications
- Duties require coordinating missions in a predominantly SOF community, therefore Executive Operations Manager must be a graduate of the Special Forces Qualifying Course.
- Experience with the capabilities, management, and operation of Mission Command Training Center/Complex. Experience with Special Operation Forces (SOF) unique exercises. Experience at Special Forces Group or higher Army or Joint Special Operations organizations.
- Possess a Top Secret clearance
- PMP certification preferred. Experience may substitute for certification. Experience with Special Warfare Center & School (SWCS) Training Management System Security Clearance:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's degree in a related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of project management experience
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies including earned value management, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with quality management approaches and techniques
- Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures, and principles to ensure compliance
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
- Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance preferred
- Public sector experience in contracting, statutory compliance, enforcement of standards and requirements, and delivery of mission services preferred
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills to manage programs and develop new business
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills for interacting with and influencing team members, clients, thought leaders, and globally recognized subject matter experts
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, coach and mentor employees
- Strong communication skills
- Good strategic management and planning skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to manage large or multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Willingness to travel