Equal Employment(EEO) Administrative Support
Reports to: Program/Project Manager
Education required: Three years general experience; three years administrative experience required; experience/skill in processing executive correspondence; legal and regulatory documents is desired; high school graduate or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
Location: DC Metro Area
The administrative assistant shall provide a broad range of high-level administrative services in support of customer activities.
• Assist the staff director in providing or obtaining a variety of management services essential to the direction and operation of customer activities.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of EEOC principles, practices, methods and techniques, and skill in integrating management services with the general management of the organization.
• Provide a supporting role in the management of financial and human resources, procurement, contract administration, property management, space management, security administration, reports management, data processing, and other similar activities.
• Understanding of customers operations and the relative importance of various management services to these operations. Identify financial, personnel, and material needs and problems.
• Assist with responses to document requests and reviews under the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act.
• Assist in developing budget estimates and justifications; ensures funds are used in accordance with the operating budget.
• Assist in developing and maintaining sound organization structures, improving management methods and procedures, and seeing to the effective use of resources.
• Assist in collaborating with personnel specialists in finding solutions to management problems arising out of changes in work which have an impact on jobs and employees.
• Assist in negotiating agreements and cooperative arrangements with other government agencies or private organizations.
• Assist in managing and follow-up of recommendations.
• Assist in maintaining control of and accountability for all assigned government property.
• Assist in administering the security program within the organization.
• Assist in obtaining suitable office space for conducting customer operations.