Defense Support of Civil Authorities and Interagency Policy and Planning Analyst Job
The Government Solutions Group of SAIC is seeking a Defense Support of Civil Authorities and Interagency Policy and Planning Analyst for the Arlington, VA office.
The Defense Support of Civil Authorities and Interagency Policy and Planning Analyst will:
- Identify opportunities and emerging DSCA topics for improved interaction and efficient execution of DoD support to Federal Departments and Agencies in the conduct of domestic operations. The contractor shall prepare senior leaders for participation in interagency forums on HD and DSCA.
- Maintain a consolidated request, validation and approval system for all DOD personnel assigned to, or working at DHS/FEMA and serve as the point of contact for support for these personnel with their home organizations to include coordinating orders assigning personnel to DHS, tracking and processing personnel performance reports, and coordinating incidental personnel support requirements.
- Coordinate pre-crisis training as required for DoD personnel as per the DoD–DHS Memorandum of Understanding.
- Coordinate domestic crisis actions with National Operations Center (NOC), National Response Coordination Center (NRCC) and maintain reach-back capability to obtain assistance from the OASD(HD), the OSD staff, the Joint Staff and the Services as appropriate to the situation.
- During crisis events, support OSD as needed at the DHS CAT to help ensure complete and accurate information regarding DoD support to the Secretary of Homeland Security.
- Monitor operations at DHS/FEMA and DoD to facilitate the synchronization of operations/future plans.
- Support the integration of liaison officers into the NOC and NRCC identifying the various boards, meetings, and planning sessions that need representation.
- Assist OASD(HD&ASA) to prioritize engagement with external stakeholders consistent with strategic policy, crisis response, and consequence management priorities and to develop appropriate interagency relationships that will benefit senior leader decision makers.
- Assist in coordination with the interagency to provide subject matter expertise on DoD’s organization, plans, and activities related to DSCA as defined in DoD Directive 3025.18, Defense Support of Civil Authorities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study or 4 years of additional experience.
- Advanced writing skills for developing strategic Department-level and USG interagency documents.
- 10 years’ relevant experience in DoD, with a focus on coordination and liaison with key interagency partners such as DHS and FEMA
- Awareness of emerging interagency and intergovernmental issues regarding the intersection of DoD equities with the Departments of Homeland Security, Justice, Health and Human Services, other Federal Departments and Agencies and their subordinate organizations, as well as State and local officials, non-governmental organizations, and private sector stakeholders.
- Experienced with the pertinent EXORDS/PLANORDs that impact domestic operations.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: May 10, 2013, 3:11:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Job Listings for Leidos
- TRICARE Beneficiary Service Rep - Kleber, Germany Job
- Firmware Architect Job
- Firmware Engineer Job
- TRICARE Beneficiary Service Rep/Floater - Seoul, Korea Job
- Research Assistant Job
- Show all Leidos Jobs